1. Acknowledgment and Acceptance
SURUGA SEIKI Co. Ltd. (“SURUGA”) provides the use of the SURUGA web site (“Web Site”) to you, conditioned upon your acceptance without modification of the following terms and conditions (“Terms”). Please review these Terms carefully. By continuing to use this Web Site, you are agreeing to these Terms.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
All content, text, images, data, information and other material (“Content”) displayed, available or present on this Web Site, including any trademarks or copyrights, are the property of SURUGA or the designated owner and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws. You agree not to infringe upon or dilute any intellectual property of SURUGA, as well as not to remove or modify any trademark, copyright or other proprietary notice appearing on this Web Site. You are not allowed to link to, reproduce, sell, publish, distribute, modify, or display this Web Site or any Content without the prior written permission of SURUGA.
3. Authorized and Prohibited Uses
You will comply with all applicable laws in connection with your use of this Web Site. SURUGA may in its sole discretion modify, edit, translate, suspend, restrict access to, or terminate this Web Site, these Terms, the Content, or any link at any time without liability or prior notice. SURUGA may in its discretion terminate your browsing and use of this Web Site at any time without liability or prior notice for any reason, including for any breach of these Terms. You agree that no link shall be made to any page or frame of this Web Site except to the first or top page; if SURUGA objects to any link to this Web Site on another web site, you agree to immediately remove such link.
4. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers
ANY AND ALL CONTENT APPEARING ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS WEB SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ITS LINKS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND ARE USED ONLY AT YOUR SOLE RISK, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW. SURUGA AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND, REGARDING THIS WEB SITE (INCLUDING ITS CONTENT, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE AND LINKS), INCLUDING AS TO FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, RESULTS, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, ACCESSIBILITY, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS. SURUGA AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES AND/OR LOST PROFITS, IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE INTERNET, THIS WEB SITE, ITS CONTENT OR ITS LINKS.
You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless SURUGA and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and contractors from any demands, claims, damages, liabilities, expenses or harms, including attorney’s fees, arising in connection with your use of this Web Site, online conduct, breach of these Terms or dealings or transactions with other persons resulting from use of this Web Site.
6. Applicable Law and Forum
This Web Site, these Terms and any disputes arising in connection therewith shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law principles. The state and federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising in connection with this Web Site or these Terms. You agree to submit to the exclusive and personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
You represent and warrant that you are authorized to enter into these Terms on behalf of any entity which you represent. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter and supersede any prior agreement or communication. These Terms may only be modified by SURUGA, at its sole discretion. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. Your obligations pursuant to these Terms shall survive termination of this Web Site, any use by you of this Web Site and any Content, or these Terms.
This policy applies to personal information SURUGA collects:
- On its website, modular.surugaseiki.com;
- On other websites operated by SURUGA); and
- In e-mail, chat, text, and other electronic messages between you and SURUGA’s websites (collectively, “Website”, and the information collected from the Website, collectively, “Personal Information”).
SURUGA I is committed to treating Personal Information in compliance with this Policy and applicable law.
Before submitting your personal information to SURUGA, please read this Policy carefully to learn about SURUGA’s privacy practices. By using the Website or otherwise sharing your Personal Information with SURUGA, you are accepting the practices and terms set forth in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, your only option is not to use the Website. In handling your personal information, SURUGA will take reasonable and appropriate security measures.
SURUGA may update or revise this Policy from time to time. The effective date of the updated Policy is as set forth in Section 10. Continued use of the Website after changes have been made to this Policy is deemed to be acceptance of those changes.
2. Personal Information Collected by SURUGA
SURUGA may collect your Personal Information in order to (a) allow you to properly view the Website; (b) provide information, products, or services to you; (c) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and (d) to notify you about changes to SURUGA’s Website, products, or services.
SURUGA collects several types of Personal Information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Identifiable Information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and related usage details.
SURUGA collects Personal Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties.
The information SURUGA collects on or through its Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of creating an account, downloading software, or requesting further services. SURUGA may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with the Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- Your responses to surveys that SURUGA might ask you to complete for research purposes.
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, SURUGA may use automatic data collection technologies such as cookies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, such as: details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Information collected as you navigate and interact with the Website helps SURUGA to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by: estimating SURUGA’s audience size and browsing patterns, customizing the Website according to your individual interests, and recognizing you when you return to the Website.
3. How SURUGA Uses your Information
Personal information collected by SURUGA may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information on SURUGA’s business, products, Website, services, software, or related promotions;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from SURUGA;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- To improve the Website and any services SURUGA provides through it.
4. Disclosure to Third Parties
Generally, SURUGA will not provide personal information to any third party without your approval.
SURUGA reserves the right to disclose such information to:
- any third party if SURUGA believes it is required to do so for any or all of the following reasons: (i) by law; (ii) to comply with legal processes or governmental requests; (iii) to prevent, investigate, detect, or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Website or network; and/or (iv) to protect the rights, property, or safety of SURUGA, the users of the Website, or the public; and
- its affiliated companies, employees, contractors, agents, and designees to the extent necessary to complete the purposes set forth in Section 3.
5. Opt Out
To opt out of receiving marketing information from SURUGA, please contact SURUGA using the contact information in Section 10 or use the “Opt Out” option in the marketing e-mail.
6. Notice to European Users
This Website and the services on this Website are targeted for users in the United States of America. Please access our affiliated websites in the European Union at: https://us.misumi-ec.com/worldwide/.
7. Privacy Notice for California Residents
Information SURUGA Collects
SURUGA collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer (“California Personal Information”). In particular, SURUGA has collected the following categories of California Personal Information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information.
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
F. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
G. Geolocation data.
Physical location or movements.
H. Sensory data.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
California Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records;
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information;
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
SURUGA obtains the categories of California Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete on our Website or when you share such information with a SURUGA employee.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
- Public records, internet databases, or other publicly available information.
- At events, directly from you or provided by the event host, partners, or related services.
- From vendors or third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform.
- From social platforms through the platform services or publicly available information.
Use of Personal Information
SURUGA may use or disclose the personal information SURUGA collects for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To carry out SURUGA’s obligations and enforce its rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and SURUGA, including for billing and collections.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning SURUGA’s products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To improve the Website and present its contents to you.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, SURUGA’s clients or others.
SURUGA will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information SURUGA collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
SURUGA may disclose your California Personal Information to a trusted third party, but only to the extent necessary to perform necessary business purposes or provide services to SURUGA. SURUGA requires these third parties to maintain the privacy and security of the California Personal Information they process on SURUGA’s behalf.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, SURUGA has disclosed the following categories of California Personal Information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category D: Commercial information
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
SURUGA discloses your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- SURUGA’s affiliates
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services SURUGA provides to you.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, SURUGA has not sold any personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that SURUGA discloses certain information to you about SURUGA’s collection and use of your California Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once SURUGA receives and confirms your verifiable consumer request, SURUGA will disclose to you:
- The categories of California Personal Information SURUGA collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the California Personal Information SURUGA collected about you.
- SURUGA’s business or commercial purpose for collecting that California Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom SURUGA shares that California Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of California Personal Information SURUGA collected about you, if requested (also called a data portability request).
- If SURUGA disclosed your California Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose, a list identifying the California Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that SURUGA delete any of your California Personal Information that SURUGA has collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once SURUGA receives and confirms your Verifiable Consumer Request (as defined below), SURUGA will delete (and direct any service providers to delete) your California Personal Information from its records, unless an exception applies.
SURUGA may deny your deletion request if retaining the California Personal Information is necessary for us (or the service providers) to:
- Complete the transaction for which SURUGA collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of SURUGA’s ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform its contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with SURUGA.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a “Verifiable Consumer Request” to SURUGA by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or calling 408-435-2974.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a Verifiable Consumer request related to your California Personal Information. You may also make a Verifiable Consumer Request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a Verifiable Consumer Request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The Verifiable Consumer Request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom SURUGA collected personal information (or an authorized representative.)
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Making a Verifiable Consumer Request does not require you to make an account with SURUGA.
SURUGA cannot respond to your request or provide you with California Personal Information if SURUGA cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. SURUGA will only use California Personal Information provided in a Verifiable Consumer Request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the Verifiable Consumer Request.
Response Timing and Format
SURUGA endeavors to respond to Verifiable Consumer Requests within 45 days of their receipt. If SURUGA requires more time (up to 90 days), SURUGA will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
SURUGA will deliver the written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures provided by SURUGA will only cover the 12-month period preceding the Verifiable Consumer Request’s receipt. The provided response will also explain any reasons SURUGA cannot fully comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, SURUGA will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
SURUGA does not charge a fee to process or respond to your Verifiable Consumer Request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If SURUGA determines that the Verifiable Consumer Request warrants a fee, SURUGA will tell you why it made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
SURUGA will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, SURUGA will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, SURUGA may offer certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive SURUGA offers will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe such program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at our address listed on our webpage.
Changes to SURUGA’s Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the Policy, the ways in which SURUGA collects and uses your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or if you wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at the contact information below.
8. Children under Age 16
The Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. If you are under age 16, do not use SURUGA’s Website or provide any Personal Information to SURUGA. SURUGA does not knowingly collect Personal information from children under 16. If SURUGA learns that it has collected the Personal Information of a child under 16, it will take necessary steps to delete that information. If you believe that SURUGA has collected the Personal Information of a child under 16, please contact SURUGA at the contact information in Section 11.
9. Links to Other Sites
SURUGA’s Websites may contain links to other websites, applications, or software. SURUGA is not responsible for the privacy practices of these websites, applications, or software.
10. Last Reviewed
This Policy was last reviewed in November 2020.
11. Contact Information
MISUMI USA, Inc.
C/O Legal Department
1475 E Woodfield Rd, Ste. 1300
Schaumburg, IL 60173
2890 Zanker Road
San Jose, CA 95134